Indiana University Internal Medicine Research Track
This page is not maintained by the program described. As such we cannot guarantee the information is complete or up to date.
For more information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Indiana University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine - Research Track|
|Director||Mitchell Goldman, MD|
|Location||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America|
Short description of your program.
In recognition of the importance of training physician scientists, the American Board of Internal Medicine established a research pathway to certification in 1997.
Internal medicine residents at Indiana University may participate in this pathway. The Department is well poised to support residents who desire a career in research. Our faculty are well funded, ranking among the top 10 - 20% of all academic departments of medicine in successfully competing for National Institutes of Health research funding. This pathway is intended for trainees with established experience in scientific discovery and research methodologies who seek academic careers as investigators in basic science or clinical research. The research pathway integrates training in clinical medicine with three years of training in basic or clinical research. 
- Length of Program: 2 years clinical, 3 years 80% research time
- Number of protected research months: 36 months of 80% time
- Overall Size: Unknown
- Research Track Size: 5 current students
- Separate NRMP Code for Research Pathway: No, once entering program discuss with program directors.
- Research Opportunities: Unknown
- Benefits: Unknown
- Career Development Opportunities: Unknown
- Job Placement: Unknown
- Funding success: Unknown
- Program Director: Mitchell Goldman, MD
- Program Administrator: Pamela Clinton, email@example.com
- Program Email: Unknown
- Program Website: Residency's Tracks
- Telephone: (General Program) 317-278-2694
- Address: (General Program) Internal Medicine Residency; 1120 W. Michigan Street; Gatch Hall, CL 630; Indianapolis, IN 46202