University of Alabama at Birmingham Pediatrics
|University of Alabama at Birmingham - Pediatrics|
|Children’s of Alabama and UAB Hospital|
|University of Alabama at Birmingham|
|Director||Michele H. Nichols, M.D.|
|Nancy M. Tofil, M.D., M.Ed.|
|Kimberly Butler, R.N.|
|Location||Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America|
|Website||UAB Pediatics Residency|
A pediatric residency is designed to build the foundation for a rewarding and successful career in Pediatrics. When choosing a program, people and patient exposures are the crucial aspects that make a great experience. The Pediatric Residency Program at University of Alabama at Birmingham is a resident driven program that provides diverse general pediatric training in a state of the art pediatric hospital, Children’s of Alabama. During their training, residents have the opportunity to explore every aspect of pediatrics from outpatient to critical care medicine and every subspecialty within the field. Providing extensive hands on experience results in superbly trained pediatricians and allows graduates to be confident in their decisions. Each year residents say the strength of our program is the people. A family atmosphere among residents and with faculty makes for a tremendous work environment. While a pediatric residency is challenging, the UAB Pediatric Residency Program prepares residents for success: both within your time at UAB and in your future career.
As part of our Pediatric Residency Program, a Pediatric Research Academic Program (Pediatric RAP) meets monthly to discuss basic research topics, set monthly goals, and network with each other as well as faculty. This opportunity is open to any interested Pediatric Resident who wants to be a part of this scholarly group.
The UAB Pediatric Residency Program also accepts applicants into the two Research Pathways approved by the American Board of Pediatrics. For more information about these pathways, visit https://www.uab.edu/medicine/peds/residency-program/res-research
- Length of Program: 2 years of General Pediatrics plus 4 years of subspecialty training
- Overall Size: 63 Categorical pediatrics, 21 per year
- Separate NRMP Code for Research Pathway: No; NRMP Number: 1007320C0
- Program Director: Michele H. Nichols, M.D.
- Program Administrator: Kimberly Butler, R.N.
- Associate Director: Nancy M. Tofil, M.D., M.Ed.
- Assistant Director: Candice Dye, M.D.
- Assistant Director: Lauren Nassetta, M.D.
- Program Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Website: https://www.uab.edu/medicine/peds/residency-program
- Telephone: 205-638-9589