University of Pennsylvania Combined Research and Clinical Training Program in Dermatology
|University of Pennsylvania Combined Research and Clinical Training Program in Dermatology|
|Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania|
|University of Pennsylvania|
|Director||John R. Stanley, MD|
|Location||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America|
|Website||Combined Research and Clinical Training Program in Dermatology|
This four year program is geared toward training applicants for careers in investigative dermatology. At the end of the successful completion of the three years of training, applicants will be board-eligible. At the end of the program, trainees will have generated preliminary data that can be used for applying for grants, such as Dermatology Foundation Career Development Awards and NIH K08, K23 or R01 awards. This program is designed for those who desire a research faculty position in a leading Dermatology Department following their training. Trainees will receive excellent clinical training and instruction, and will also function as a postdoctoral research fellow in the latter part of the program. The research training can be completed within the dermatology department or in other clinical or basic science departments at Penn (Penn Research). Applicants who pursue clinically-oriented research will also have the opportunity to receive additional formal instruction in research methods with the goal of this training leading to an advanced degree.
Although not absolutely essential, applicants should have at least one year of research experience to apply for this position. Interest in this program should be declared at the time of application and confirmed by November of the first year of dermatology residency training at Penn. Qualified applicants will be invited to give a 15 minute talk on their research, and will be interviewed by the research faculty in addition to the general dermatology interview.
If you are interested in our 3+1 research track, please notify Barbara Lang, by October 1, 2015 at DRA@uphs.upenn.edu.
- Length of Program: 4 years
- Number of protected research months:1.66
- Overall Size: Total / Per Year6
- Research Track Size: Total /Per Year
- Separate NRMP Code for Research Pathway: Yes
- Research Opportunities: (Department Only vs. Campus Wide)
- Career Development Opportunities: Types of mentorship, grant writing/funding opportunities, Additional funds for conferences requiring travel, etc
- Job Placement: (Percent in Academic/Private/Industry/Other)
- Funding success: (K-awards, R-awards, F-awards, etc)
If applicable list research tracks (ie Pathology has AP/CP, AP only, CP only)
- Program Director: John R. Stanley, MD, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Administrator: Barbara Lang, DRA@uphs.upenn.edu
- Program Website: Combined Research and Clinical Training Program in Dermatology
- Address: 421 Curie Blvd., 1008 BRB, Philadelphia, PA 19104