Difference between revisions of "Baylor College of Medicine - Medical Genetics"
(Created page with "<!-- NOTE: ALL THINGS BETWEEN THESE BRACKETS ARE EDITING COMMENTS, THEY ARE TO HELP YOU EDIT! --> <!-- Below are categories, we recommend at least three: Program Type: Medici...")
m (Tikenn moved page Baylor College of Medicine to Baylor College of Medicine - Internal Medicine: wrong name initially)
Revision as of 23:40, 14 July 2016
This page currently is not maintained by the program described. As such we cannot guarantee the information is complete or up to date.
|Baylor College of Medicine|
|Texas Medical Center|
|Director||V. Reid Sutton|
Trainees per year
|2 - 3|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States of America|
|Website||Baylor College of Medicine - Medical Genetics|
The Medical Genetics Residency at Baylor College of Medicine is designed to prepare individuals for an academic career by providing an integrated experience in both clinical and experimental genetics. Training activities in clinical genetics and research are coordinated through the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics. Our program prepares the trainee to care for both pediatric and adult patients with cytogenetic, biochemical, and developmental diseases, and gain laboratory experience in a chosen area of medical genetics.
Our program enjoys preeminence in the genetics community and is approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACMG). Our program is also supported by a training grant from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences.
- Length of Program: 2 Years (Genetics); 4 (Combined Genetics and Pediatrics)
- Number of protected research months: 1 (Genetics)
- Overall Size: Total Students; Students Per Year
- Research Track Size: 11 Total Students; 2 - 3 Students Per Year
- Separate NRMP Code for Research Pathway: Unknown
- Research Opportunities: Unknown
- Benefits: Unknown
- Career Development Opportunities: Unknown
- Job Placement: Unknown
- Funding success: Unknown
- Medical Genetics
- Combined Pediatrics/Medical Genetics
- Medical Biochemical Genetics
- Program Director: V. Reid Sutton
- Program Administrator: Kara Bartel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Email: email@example.com
- Program Website: Baylor College of Medicine - Medical Genetics
- Telephone: (832) 822-4292
- Address: 1 Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030