University of Washington Internal Medicine
Please note, this is a template, and should not be edited. It can be copied and pasted from the 'view source' above to create a new page, if you would like assistance in doing this, please do not hesitate contact us here:
Preferably with the information outlined on the getting started page so we can best help you.
|University of Washington Internal Medicine Research Track|
|University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, and VA Puget Sound Health Care System|
|University of Washington|
|Director||Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD|
|Lisa Vande Vusse, MD|
Associate director email
|Location||Seattle, Washington, United States of America|
|Website||UW Internal Medicine Research Pathway|
|1802140C0 (categorical) or 1802140M0 (primary care)|
Short description of your program.
Applicants should select either the categorical medicine (1802140C0) or primary care (1802140M0) tracks in ERAS Short description of the application process, including information on the interview day(s), supplemental application (if any), and other specific information related to the research pathway application.
- Length of Program: 6-7 years (short track, depending on fellowship), 7-8 years (not short tracking)
- Number of protected research months: 3 years
- Overall Size: 39 categorical and 13 primary care per year plus 13 preliminary interns
- Research Track Size: Up to 4 trainees per year
- Separate NRMP Code for Research Pathway: No
- Research Opportunities: Campus-wide
- Career Development Opportunities: Types of mentorship, grant writing/funding opportunities, Additional funds for conferences requiring travel, etc
If applicable, please list clinical fellowships available at your institution that incorporate research as a core element of their training plan.
- Program Director: Name, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Program Director – Research and Scholarship: Lisa Vande Vusse, MD email@example.com
- Program Administrator: Andrea Campbell
- Program Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Website: UW Internal Medicine Research Pathway
- Telephone: (206) 543-3605
- Address: 1959 NE Pacific Street; Box 356421; Seattle, WA 98195-6421